10.12.2013

Worry Free

During this much needed fall break, my mother and I took a little road trip to Campbell's Maze Daze. At the Maze Daze families can go on a hay ride, paint pumpkins, ride horses, enjoy a bonfire, and (my favorite part) walk through a pumpkin patch. I had never been to a pumpkin patch before, so I was pretty stoked to go there and...we had a blast! Who knew picking out the best looking pumpkin could be so much fun? While walking through the patch we were surrounded by giggling children running around and sometimes tripping over their own two feet. Seeing this made me realize how much I miss being a kid. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the adult life. But as a kid most of us wanted to grow up and become adults as fast as possible, not realizing that it would come with responsibilities and some worries at times. But I have to say, I miss celebrating birthdays with my classmates while eating cupcakes and ice cream. I miss spelling tests where the extra credit word was "happiness", I miss waking up early on Saturday morning to watch classic cartoons, and I miss being able to run around all day playing freeze tag without getting tired. The responsibilities that come with the adult life are fun, but I do miss the perks of being a kid.

♡ Iz

1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun there! So glad to have you home for break.

    ReplyDelete