10.16.2013

A Thankful Heart is a Happy Heart

Despite the fact that it's only Wednesday, this week has already been filled with many homework assignments, projects, and long shifts at work. So much to do, that all my days and to do lists have been morphing together. In the midst of a busy week, I was graciously reminded of God's faithfulness and provision. Yesterday while walking to class, I realized that I was a little early (which rarely happens) and so I took some time to just sit and watch God's creation. During this time, I thought of the many things I have to be thankful for in this life, and how faithful the Lord has been through each task that I have to accomplish daily.

While going through a crazy week, it's so easy to not recognize blessings that are coming our way or to not be intentional about having a thankful heart. There's so much to be thankful for and I don't want to get to the end, or to tomorrow, even, and realize that my life is a collection of meetings, errands, exams, receipts, and dirty dishes. I want to make it my goal to take time every day to recognize daily blessings and enjoy the little things. I want to live a life that sizzles and pops and makes me laugh out loud. I want to eat fresh watermelon and sing loud in the car with the windows open and stay up all night laughing. I want to sleep peacefully on clean white sheets and eat ripe tomatoes and read amazing books. But most importantly, I want my every day to glorify God. I want to make God belly laugh, make Him glad that He gave life to someone who loves the gift, who will use it up and be thankful for every second of it.

♡ Iz

No comments:

Post a Comment